Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cold Toes, Warm Heart


I recently joined in on the Austin Scooter Club's first annual Scoot 'n Skate group ride from Southside Flying Pizza to Chaparral's Ice Skating Rink. Only about seven of us showed up (that's my scooter on the left), but it was well worth it. My skating skills left something to be desired...but perfection wasn't the goal here. While my friends back in Michigan were digging out of a snowstorm, I was frolicking along winding roads on a dry and balmy Texas night. Not to gloat or anything, but Christmas-time in Texas is pretty awesome.

I remember when Christmas was all about decorations, gifts, music, snowy days off, and loads of dessert. The anticipation of Christmas morning was almost unbearable, and I spent my days shaking gifts under the tree, and my nights awake, theorizing about their contents. Obviously, priorities change as you get older, and I'm happy to say it's no longer entirely about the gifts and the food. It's now almost entirely about the food. *smiles*

One personal favorite of mine is Cranberry-Walnut bread (served with cream cheese, of course).

I hope all (eight) of you have a lovely, food-filled Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment