Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

I woke up this morning to a frozen tundra of dead plants and rolling blackouts. The temperatures have plummeted from nearly 80 degrees this weekend to last night's low, which was 17. Austin, you really know how to treat a girl. Evidently, Austin area power plants aren't equipped to deal with real winter, and began to shut down. As a result, I had my very first snow day without snow, not to mention my very first "snow" day as an Austinite.




I found that without work to go to, I had time to finish all kinds of important projects I've been slacking on. Like crocheting a coozy for my Mexican enamelware mug, and drinking many cups of coffee and Earl Gray out of it. Priorities.

My friend Kathryn came over (also on holiday due to the cold weather), and we proceeded to make some of the best pizza on the planet. We both ate an embarrassing amount, but I have no regrets whatsoever. Nothing says "snow day" quite like carbs and tea.


Artichoke, Cremini Mushroom, Spinach, fresh Basil and Tomato Pizza with a homemade Rosemary crust, homemade sauce, and three kinds of cheese
(fresh Mozarella, Pecorino Romano and Goat Cheese).



Sometimes I outdo myself.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely lovely all around. I like your "coozy," too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I miss cooking with you, sis. I made Abbie Root brownies. Wish you were here! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tea cozy is absolutely stunning!
    Sounds like you had a fantastic day. Here in Ontario there are too many snow days, lol. I hope all goes well with your hydro. It is no fun to be freezing. P.S. your sister posted a link and I am thrilled to follow you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad at least three people read my blog, it's good for staff morale. :)

    ReplyDelete